Thursday, January 17, 2008

2008 Ebony Elite KCAL

Hey Ebony Elite Ladies!!

I know for me to stay motivated in my knitting I love doing KALs!! :o)

And I was just discussing with my secret pal (anonymous of course) how it would be fun if we all joined in and did one as an E.E. group!

All of our holiday knitting is over (I hope ;op) so lets be selfish and knit for ourselves!!!

Post your KAL project suggestions in the commet section, and the ladies on ravelry are posting their ideas as well.

We will circle back HERE with a poll to vote on our KAL project and then CO!! YAH!!

**EDIT: This will be a KAL and CAL = KCAL!!

Everyone will decide on their own pattern of what they want to knit up since there are some many variations/options.

Please post what you have committed to in this thread!

KCAL will be: February 15th-March 15th!

Post any questions/comments and of course your F.O. here or in Ravelry! :oD

Can't wait to see what everyone will be working on!

16 comments:

QueenDBW said...

That sounds like a wonderful idea!! I would love to learn cabling or multi-color techniques.

Des

Susan said...

That sounds great. I was disappointed that two of my desired projects didn't make the list for the Sexy Knitters Club, maybe one will work for this KAL.

Knitters-Delight

KimT said...

This will be great. My suggestion is Dahlia from Winter 2007 Knitty

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter07/PATTdahlia.html

Its cute, has cabling and a great size range.

Carmell said...

i'm down for whatever!

Virtuous said...

Alright here are my proposals:

Flair

Buttony Sweater

Drops Eskimo Jacket

Wicked

Winnie said...

I'm up for Dahlia!

Carmell said...

ok almost whatever ;)

Susan said...

My two choices are the Chinese Pullover and Military Cardi

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nettie said...

For colorwork I like Eunny's Endpaper mitts or for those looking for a serious challenge her Venizia sweater.

For a cabley project I like the Tweedy Aran cardi that Knitting daily just released as a pdf. I love it but I know it would be a huge challenge for me.

For lace what about Brooklyntweed's Hemlock ring blanket. Or a Feather and Fan Shawl. These will look different for everyone depending on yarn.

Or something simple like Chic Knits Beryl.

For lacey crochet maybe something like this Lion Brand sweater
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60568.html

Or the Babette blanket that knitting daily released the pattern for.

Karine said...

I've yet to do a shawl type project so I like Eunny Jang's Print O’ The Wave Stole.

QueenDBW said...

I think I could manage Dahlia....

Sheila said...

Oh this sounds good I need some knit inspiration... now I need to check out the pics of the items on proposal list..lol

Kirsten said...

Ok, this is awsom. If there's going to be a KAL and a CAL I like knittingdaily.com's Central Park Hoodie for the KAL and Bernat's Deep V Sweater for the CAL

MrsPurls said...

Sounds Great! Here are some of my suggestions (projects I've wanted to start; Flair, Drops Eskimo Jacket, Drops Eskimo Shrug, and Deep V Argyle Vest by Eunny Jang! Can't wait to knit with you ladies!

Cheryl said...

I just discovered this blog...Great Ideas! I suggest the Central Park Hoodie for a KAL project.