Monday, January 7, 2008

Two Scarves and One Beanie

Happy New Years!!!

I closed 2007 right by completing Scarfstyle's Ruffle Scarf for my 14 year old daughter and than I decided to start the New Years right by completing Grumperina's Shifting Sands scarf and the Knitting Daily Cecily Beanie for my daughter.

Shifting Sands was knit with a size 9 needle and I used 1 skein of Malabrigo in the colorway Rhodesian (gifted from a SP). I cast on 22 stitches and knit until there was no more yarn and I learned how to cable w/o a needle.



Ruffle Scarf - followed the pattern, Rowan Cashsoft DK 2 skeins.


Knitting Daily Cecily Beanie


This was a very easy knit, it was my first hat and it took 1/2 a skein of RYC Cashsoft DK. It fits my daughter a little loose (I did not do a guage ssshhh.) But it fits me quite well. I have to learn how to crochet so I can make a flower to put on it - the knitted flowers look ugly.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

You've been busy... great FOs.

KimT said...

good job!