Monday, February 25, 2008

Vintage Crochet



Hey All!

I added a new old technique tutorial to my blog for those who are interested. It is an old crochet technique called broomstick lace. Many of you crocheters may already use this technique, but I had forgotten all about until my attendance at Stitches West where the ladies at Diva Stitch Studios refreshed my memory. Broomstick lace involves using both a crochet hook and a knitting needle or dowel or broomstick (hence the name), basically a round stick of any material. I am currently working on a jacket using broomstick lace and crochet ribbing.

You can see my full tutorial here: http://www.couturehooker.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Virtuous said...

I never heard of this technique, but Thank U for telling us about it AND giving a tutorial!!
Keep schoolin' us!! :oD

Monique said...

I love the look of broomstick lace. I'm sure I will get around to trying it someday. Keep us posted and thanks for the pics.

Angela said...

I have a few pieces designed in broomstick lace and it still amazes me that this techniques is so unheard of. Here's a link to my photos.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lavonne3ca/