Thursday, June 28, 2007

Another lace project completed



I've been trying to clear up some of my WIPs in anticipation of MS3, which begins tomorrow. With that in mind, I finished working on and blocked my Seraphim Shawl last night. I know that some people don't think variegated yarns work well with lace, but I think this is one case where that is not true. The very subtly colored yarn worked wonderfully with the design, and I love the result.



Pattern: Seraphim by Miriam Felton
Yarn: Knitpicks Bare Laceweight, dyed by moi
Size: 79.5in wide by 38 in deep
Needles: 3.75mm Knitpicks Options needles


So that's three shawls completed this month. I think that I will be frogging the last shawl that I have OTN, as I'm finding the pattern not interesting enough. Slogging through all the stockinette on this one was a beast. The shaped triangle shawl is not stockinette, but it is a four-stitch repeat for approx 110 rows, and that is totally not interesting to me right now.

I'm amazed that I've managed to avoid buying any yarn this summer. I even had what I needed for MS3 on hand. I DO go and look though. I just manage to navigate away from the page before temptation gets to me.

Ta for now.

Ebony

12 comments:

Kamika said...

Congratulations Ebony! The shawl is lovely. I think variegated yarns work great on lace projects. They add an extra layer of texture and detail.

Sheila said...

What a stunning shawl.

Adrienne said...

It's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

Ebony said...

Thanks!

I've just been 'listening' to this conversation on the laceknitters list, and I think in this pattern the yarn works.

KimT said...

love love love the shawl! I am inspired to try one. I agree, the yarn worked well and looks great.

Virtuous said...

It IS beautiful! Love the crimson color! ;o)

Cas... said...

I think its beautiful. You did a wonderful job!

Erica Bunker said...

That is gorgeous! I've never tried knitting anything with a gauge that small... my own personal fear! But you did a fabulous job!

Renee said...

Your shawl is just amazing! I would love to know how you dyed the yarn. I think you just gave me the confidence to start the Candle Flame shawl on the Knit Picks website.

Bev Love said...

Your shawl is great. What kind of dye did you use? I have some Knit Picks Bares in sock and lace weight. Not sure where to go with it, kool aid or acid dye.

Lisa H. said...

Absolutely fabulous.You do beautiful work.

De-Stressing with Cooking, Crafting and Gardening! said...

This is georgous!