Thursday, June 7, 2007

So happy to be here!


100_1946
Originally uploaded by Renee Antoinette
Hi! My name is Renee and I am so happy to be here. I am 30-years-old and I live in North Carolina with my dog, Iris.

I started crocheting about 14 years ago when I had to learn for a high school play that I was in. I didn't pick up a crochet hook again until this January. Since then I have made a bunch of these simple crocheted scarves from the Stitch n' Bitch Happy Hooker book.

I have been knitting for about two and a half years and I am just now getting past the knit squares (blankets) and rectangles (scarves) stage. I am thinking about joining Adrienne's Summertime tunic knit along - that would be a really ambitious project for me.

I'm really happy that this group exists and that I am a part of it!

4 comments:

Virtuous said...

Heeey! What part of NC are you in?
I am in the Queen City!

Renee said...

I am in the Twin City - Winston-Salem. I did grow up in Charlotte so it is home to me.

Cas... said...

Beautiful scarf!

Adrienne said...

Very pretty!! Welcome!!!