Saturday, June 16, 2007

Finished My Shetland Triangle


I've finished another of my shawls for the 2007 Summer Stash Out! Feelin' good about my progress, too.

Although this is more of a shawlette, it's definitely appropriate for a July wedding. Plus, since we're in the military, they will be having a wedding here in Europe and then again in the States. This will work as a little shawl for this one and a scarf as she gets ready for her April wedding in California. If you knew my friend Kat, you'd understand the color selection too. She is absolutely in love with pink. In fact, the shawl matched her outfit because you can invariably find her wearing pink most days of the week. Plus, she really wanted something she could wear over her hip, and this little thing will do the job well.

Stats:
Pattern: Shetland Triangle Shawl from Wrap Style
Designer: Evelyn A. Clark
Yarn: Jaggerspun Zephyr in Coral (from Sarah's Yarns)
Needles: 3.75mm Addi Lace Needles (love, love, love them)
Dimensions: 42" x 20"
Next time, I may use fingering weight yarn and do more repeats. This is a light and delicate looking piece of lace. It was suggested as the only thing she wear on her wedding night, which I got a big hug for from her fiance. HE thought it was a great idea, of course!

8 comments:

Virtuous said...

Looks great!!!

Cas... said...

Good Job! I like it! It looks perfect for a wedding! Giggles on wearing it for her wedding night only! LOL!

Erica Bunker said...

Very cute! Great job!

KimT said...

very cute!

Adrienne said...

Very cute!!!!!

Still Patrice said...

Two weddings! How cool is that?! The "shawlette" came out really cute!

Sheila said...

Very nice shawlette.

Nik said...

I have to get around to making this shawl.